Calling All Artists!
UA Employees & Immediate Family Members, Retirees, and Volunteers: Share your talent & participate in the UA “On Your Own Time” Art Exhibit
Registration deadline is Friday, March 10th – There is no fee to enter this program
To Register and Participate:
- Go to http://www.nationalartsprogram.org/venues/university-of-arizona
- Fill out artist information. There will be certificates for all participants and $2,400 in cash prizes.
- Select the artist classification.
- 2 artworks per entry – If you do not have titles for art work pieces at the time of registration please enter “untitled piece”. Do keep in mind you will need to have a title at the time the artist drops the art work.
- Participants must be an employee or an immediate family member of an employee or retiree of the University of Arizona.
- All entries submitted must be the original work of the applicant completed within the last three years. Not accepted: kits; paint-by-number pieces; photocopies or photograph of artwork; magazine or book illustrations, random snapshots.
- The National Arts Program and the University of Arizona reserve the right to disqualify entries they consider to be unacceptable or inappropriate for a public exhibit.
Classifications: Artwork will be judged in the classification of the artist’s selection; however, in some cases, the exhibition judges will make the final determination.
Amateur – a person with little or no experience
Intermediate – a person with some experience, beginning art students, etc.
Professional – a person with serious art training, or employed in an art related job
Youth – 12 years and under
Teen – 13-18 years old
- Submit only entries which fit into the listed medium categories
- All artwork will need an NAP identification label placed on the back (provided a drop off).
- All 2-dimensional entries should be matted, framed and/or ready to hang with wire securely on the back.
- All work must measure no more than 48” in any direction or weigh more than 50 pounds unless otherwise stipulated.
- Artwork that does not meet size limitations or specifications will be disqualified before judging.
Important Dates to Remember
Registration deadline will be Friday, March 10th
Art drop Off : Monday, March 13th and Tuesday, March 14th
Judging will done on March 21-23
Ribbons will be set on March 24th
Reception will be on Saturday March 25th
Show will run from March 20 – 30, 2017