The Team Award for Excellence is designed to recognize outstanding team achievement. Both functional working teams and project-oriented teams will be considered.
DEFINITION OF A TEAM
A team is defined for the purposes of nominations as a group of two or more, primarily comprised of Classified Staff and/or Appointed Professionals. Team members should be committed to a common purpose, share specific performance goals, and hold each other mutually accountable.
Please ensure that letters of support address the three criteria and give at least one concrete example for each dimension.
Nominees will be evaluated on their actions that surpass meritorious performance in their job. The following criteria will be considered.
A. EXCEPTIONAL CONTRIBUTIONS TOWARD EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS OF OPERATIONS – setting high standards and achieving great goals and how this affects others
Examples that contribute toward efficiency and effectiveness include:
- Developing new and creative ways to reduce waste or improve operational efficiency
- Improving service to stakeholders (such as students, parents, alumni, employees)
B. OUTSTANDING SERVICE TO THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY AND/OR VISITORS – providing service/outreach in addition or outside of normal team duties and how this impacts others
Examples of outstanding service include:
- Contributing to public service and outreach
- Delivering exceptional service to University projects or on committees
C. SPECIAL EFFORTS IN PRACTICING INCLUSIVE EXCELLENCE IN THE WORKPLACE – making an exceptional effort to be inclusive and how this creates a better work environment
Examples that contribute to improving sensitivity to and implementation of diversity include:
- Increasing awareness of and respect for different cultures
- Embedding diversity and inclusiveness into their work duties and responsibilities
- Taking action to protect and champion diverse populations
- Supporting thought diversity to bring various perspectives into the workplace
How to Nominate
Submit a Nomination - Remember, all nominations are due by 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 31, 2018
This link will take you to the "Competition Space" to submit an application for your nomination.
Visit our Assistance for Nominators page for help.
- Employees in the team must be benefits eligible
- Nominations must be submitted before the deadline
- Resumes, ancillary materials, and more than three letters of recommendation will not be accepted
The application for nominating a team will request the following information.
- Identify how the project/work supported the mission of your unit, department, or the UA
- Define the project/work, its timeline and identify its goals/objectives
- Define the steps taken to reach goals or milestones
- Explain the group’s dynamics
- Examples: how did the team communicate internally, make decisions, assign tasks, distribute workload, interact with management, handle conflict, etc.
- Describe how the team measured progress
- Describe the results of the team’s efforts, clearly detailing the achievements of the team that exceeded the stated goals/objectives
Deadline for Nominations
Nominations must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 31, 2018