The University Awards for Excellence is designed to recognize individuals for outstanding achievements. This award is based on achievements in activities beyond normal duties.
Nominees will be evaluated on their actions that surpass meritorious performance in their job. The following criteria will be considered.
OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN THE WORKPLACE
Examples that constitute performance beyond expected standards include:
- Performing extra duties substantially beyond those normally assigned
- Working on special projects or serving on a committee or team
- Creating opportunities for employees to improve skills and abilities
- Making special efforts to recognize excellence in others
EXCEPTIONAL CONTRIBUTIONS TOWARD EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS OF OPERATIONS
Examples that contribute toward efficiency and effectiveness include:
- Developing new and creative ways to reduce waste or improve operational efficiency
- Improving service to stakeholders (such as students, parents, alumni, employees)
OUTSTANDING SERVICE TO THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY AND/OR VISITORS
Examples of outstanding service include:
- Contributing to public service and outreach
- Delivering exceptional service to University projects or on committees
SPECIAL EFFORTS IN PROMOTING WORKFORCE DIVERSITY
Examples that contribute to improving sensitivity to and implementation of diversity include:
- Increasing awareness of and respect for different cultures
- Being proactive to diversify the workplace
- Taking action to protect and champion diverse populations
How to Nominate
Submit a Nomination - Remember, all nominations must be completed by 5pm on January 30, 2017
This link will take you to the "Competition Space" to submit an application for your nomination.
Visit our Assistance for Nominators page for help.
- Nominee must be benefits-eligible
- Nominee must not have been one of last year's recipients
- Nominations must be submitted before the deadline
- Resumes, ancillary materials, and more than five letters of recommendation will not be accepted
Deadline for Nominations
Nominations must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 30, 2017.