The Billy Joe Varney Award for Excellence recognizes outstanding performance by dedicated and committed employees who have been employed at the University for at least 15 years.
Nominees will be evaluated on their actions that surpass meritorious performance in their job. The following criteria will be considered.
SERVICE TO THE UNIVERSITY
Examples that constitute service to the University include:
- Making a significant contribution to the success of the entire University and the University community
- Acting as a competent and knowledgeable resource to students and employees
SERVICE TO UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES
Examples that constitute service to university employees include:
- Leading in making the University an exceptional workplace for employees
- Taking action to protect and champion diverse populations
SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY
Examples that constitute service to the community include:
- Disseminating and applying knowledge gained from research and instructional activities to the broader community
- Delivering exceptional community service as a University employee
How to Nominate
Submit a Nomination - Remember, all nominations due by 5pm on January 30, 2017
This link will take you to the "Competition Space" to submit an application for your nomination.
Visit our Assistance for Nominators page for help.
- Nominee must be benefits-eligible
- Nominee must have at least fifteen (15) cumulative years of employment at the University in any employment category
- Nominees are eligible to receive this award only once in their life time - see past winners
- Nominee must merit special recognition for a career of dedicated service to the University, its employees, and the community
- Nominations must be submitted before the deadline
Deadline for Nominations
Nominations must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, January 30, 2017.