Calling All Artists: UA Employees/Retirees/Volunteers & Immediate Family Members
- 100 registrations required to qualify for cash awards! - Post a flyer in your office/building (see link below)
Share your talent - Participate in the UA “On Our Own Time” Art Exhibit at Union Gallery
Registration deadline is Friday, March 10th – There is no fee to enter this competition
Brought to you through the National Arts Program.
Registration & Participation
- Go to the online National Arts Program Registration Form. - Registration is open - Deadline March 10th!
- Fill out artist information. There will be certificates for all participants and $2,400 in cash prizes.
- Select the artist classification.
Two (2) artworks are allowed per entry.
If you do not have titles for art work pieces at the time of registration please enter “untitled piece”. You will need to have a title at the time the artist delivers the art work for the show.
- Participants must be an employee or an immediate family member of an employee or retiree of the University of Arizona.
- All entries submitted must be the original work of the applicant completed within the last three years.
- Not accepted:
- paint-by-number pieces
- photocopies or photograph of artwork
- magazine or book illustrations
- random snapshots
- The National Arts Program and the University of Arizona reserve the right to disqualify entries they consider to be unacceptable or inappropriate for a public exhibit.
Artwork will be judged in the classification of the artist’s selection; however, in some cases, the exhibition
judges will make the final determination.
- a person with little or no experience
- a person with some experience, beginning art students, etc.
- a person with serious art training, or employed in an art related job
- 12 years and under
- 13-18 years old
- Submit only entries which fit into the listed medium categories
- All artwork will need an NAP identification label placed on the back (provided a drop off).
- All 2-dimensional entries should be matted, framed and/or ready to hang with wire securely on the back.
- All work must measure no more than 48” in any direction or weigh more than 50 pounds unless otherwise stipulated.
- Artwork that does not meet size limitations or specifications will be disqualified before judging.
Registration deadline: March 10th
Art drop Off: March 13-14
Judging: March 21-22
Reception: March 25: 11-1pm - Union Gallery
Show will run from March 20 – 25, 2017 - Union Gallery
ALL ART MUST BE PICKED UP BY: 5pm, March 27th